Good evening all,
I hope you were all able to find some time to spend together as a family this week during vacation. I am SO EXCITED to get back to school tomorrow and see the kids!
I have a lot to get to this week, so please buckle up and enjoy.
Because the last few days of February and the month of March are so crazy, I decided to put together a calendar to keep our kids organized. Some items of note:
1) Not every date applies to every kid – in fact, the only “full band” dates are:
– Saturday the 4th – Girls Basketball State Championships (see below)!!!
– Tuesday, March 14th – Band-O-Rama (details to follow)
– Wednesday, March 29th (or 30th) – MBDA concert band festival @ Scarborough High School (we won’t know which day until we get a schedule)
2) The “NEMFA” festival in Norwalk, CT is only for a few students, not the whole group.
3) Because of the weather, the Unified game was rescheduled to the 2nd of March (THIS Thursday) – I am going to see if we can get enough students there. I think it is an immensely valuable opportunity for our students.
Some stuff for this week:
Monday – February 27th
2:30 – Tuesday Prime Jazz
4:00 – Tuesday Night Jazz
6:00 – Thursday Night Jazz
Tuesday – February 28th
7:00 a.m – Morning band
DISTRICT 3 JAZZ FESTIVAL – This is for ALL jazz students
Attire: Jazz Performance attire
*** There is a $5 admission fee for the festival as this is a district event ***
3:20 – Tuesday Prime Arrival
3:50 – Tuesday Prime Warm Up
4:20 – Tuesday Prime Performance
4:50 – Tuesday Prime Clinic
6:00 – Tuesday Jazz Warm Up
6:30 – Tuesday Jazz Performance
7:00 – Tuesday Jazz Clinic
7:30 – Thursday Jazz Warm Up
8:00 – Thursday Jazz Performance
8:30 – Thursday Jazz Clinic
Wednesday – March 1
6:30 p.m – Mattress Sale Fundraiser/ Boosters meeting – This critically important for all parents.
– This is an easy fundraiser that we will be having at BJHS.
– The meeting should last no more than one hour.
– There will be an opportunity for students to make a lot of money to offset the cost of the trip.
– PLEASE make every effort to attend!
Thursday – March 2nd
7:00 a.m – Morning Band
2:30 p.m – Unified Basketball – The game starts at 3 but we are playing for the team at 2:30. Normally we don’t do make-up games but I am willing to make an exception.
Saturday – March 4th
The GIRLS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP BASKETBALL GAME!
First, congratulations to the girls basketball team on their tremendous upset of Greely High School. I am so proud of all the students who are in the band program that also play ball!!!!
The band will be performing at the state game on Saturday! I am aware that there is a YMCA swim meet that day. Best of luck to our students involved in this! We will be cheering for you.
Thank you for your willingness to participate in this outstanding event for our community.
10:30 – Bus Departs BHS for the Augusta Civic Center
1:00 – Game time!
3:00 – anticipated Departure from ACC
4:00 – Anticipated arrival at BHS
– Students will need their pep band tee shirt, flip folders, and instrument.
Attached, please find the schedule of events for the Clark Terry UNH Jazz festival on Saturday, March 11th. This is a wonderful day for all of our jazz students. PLEASE NOTE! There is a schedule and permission slip attached. I need the permission slip returned to me ASAP. The students will be getting a hard copy tomorrow in rehearsal.
In case you didn’t get the prior email, we are in need of many volunteers for the District 3 Jazz Festival this coming Tuesday. Claudia Brzoza has been kind enough to make this sign up genius http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4faaab2da3ff2-district1 If you are available, please sign up for anything you are able to.
I believe that is all that I have for you this week. Thank you so much for all you do to help support the music department at BHS! I am excited to showcase our band in front of thousands of people at the Augusta Civic Center this Saturday! It is going to be an exceptional rad time!
Have a wonderful week.