Good morning all,
Happy Tuesday! I hope you are all having a great day!
I have a bunch of upcoming calendar events and other information for you so, without delay, here we go!
Today – 6:00 – Pep Band – As of RIGHT NOW, we are ON for pep band tonight. If that changes, I will let you know.
– Tonight we welcome approximately 20 of the eighth grade students from BJHS to our pep band event. I told our students that this a critically important event as it is the first opportunity the eighth grade students have to be a part of our wonderful climate at BHS! Please encourage your son or daughter to be friendly, welcoming, and encouraging.
– The game BEGINS at 6:30, NOT 7:00 as in the past. Please plan accordingly.
*** REMINDER – Pep band shirts are REQUIRED!!!! Full credit will not be given to students without them ***
Thursday- All Jazz Events are taking place on this day! Students have been told about this last week. Just a quick reminder:
2:30 – 4:00 – Tuesday Prime
4:00 – 6:00 – Tuesday Jazz
6:00 – 8:00 – Thursday Jazz
Tuesday – 7:00 a.m – Wind Ensemble
4:45 – Tuesday Prime
6:00 – Tuesday Jazz
Thursday – 7:00 a.m – Wind Ensemble
– 2:30 p.m – UNIFIED BASKETBALL GAME
– 5:30 p.m – Rhythm Section Sectional
– 6:00 p.m – Thursday Jazz
A quick note about Thursday, February 16th
Mr. Chris Baribeau, coach of the Unified Basketball team here at BHS, has asked that the band perform at a unified basketball game again this year. Last year, our students were OUTSTANDING and provided such a great atmosphere for the student athletes and their parents.
The game is directly after school. This is by no means a “mandatory” experience, but I would like as many students as possible to attend. I will be polling the kids during band to make sure we have a number of instrumentalists there. Could you please help make this event a priority for your son or daughter? I know it may not seem like much, but the Unified students absolutely love having us there.
If you are unfamiliar with Unified basketball is, Unified Sports (a arm of the Special Olympics) is dedicated to promoting social inclusion through shared sports training and competition experiences. Unified Sports joins people with and without intellectual disabilities on the same team. It was inspired by a simple principle: training together and playing together is a quick path to friendship and understanding.
Unified Sports teams are made up of an approximately equal number of athletes (people with intellectual disabilities) and Unified Partners (people without intellectual disabilities). Our Unified teams dramatically increase inclusion in the community, using sports to help break down barriers that have historically kept people apart. Teams are made up of people of similar age and ability, which makes practices more fun and games more challenging and exciting for all.
You can read more about this important program here: https://www.somaine.org/programs/unified-sports/
Friday – 2/17 – PAYMENT of $125 due for Williamsburg!!!!
UPCOMING – LONG RANGE PLANNING
Monday – 2/27
– 2:30 – Tuesday Prime Jazz
– 4:00 – Tuesday Jazz
– 6:00 – Thursday Jazz
Tuesday – 2/28
DISTRICT 3 JAZZ FESTIVAL!
This event is AT BHS
More info to come as I get it.
Wednesday – 3/1
– 6:30 p.m – Mattress Sale Fundraiser/ Boosters meeting – This critically important for all parents.
– This is an easy fundraiser that we will be having here at the school.
– The meeting should last no more than one hour.
– There will be an opportunity for students to make a lot of money to offset the cost of the trip.
– PLEASE make every effort to attend!
I believe that is all the calendar info I have for this week.
Finally, I wanted to take a moment to congratulate the men and women of the BHS Swim and Dive Program!!!!!! They are, once again, KVAC champions!!!! If you haven’t read the article, the Times Record did a nice write up here: http://www.timesrecord.com/news/2017-02-06/Sports/Brunswick_KVAC_champs_again.html
I am so proud of all the musicians who are part of that wonderful team!! You guys deserved it! Well done and here’s to a rad showing at STATES!
I hope you all have a wonderful week! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Stay safe out there today. Thank you so much for all you do to support our fabulous musicians and the music program here at BHS! I am so lucky to have each and every one of you in the program.