Good morning all,
I hope this email finds you all well and….dry????
As the year wraps up, I wanted to keep you up-to-date on some important information regarding some procedural things as well as the calendar.
First, I wanted to say “Thank you” to everyone who came out to support the parade on Monday. While the weather didn’t cooperate as best as it could, our students pulled through. Hopefully you were proud of their hard work and effort.
Every student who marched took home a jacket. I am asking that they wash and return it by Friday. Students who do not return it will be billed $40 to replace it. Thank you for helping them keep track of this!!!
Thursday – June 1st
7:00 a.m – Morning band
2:15 – Thursday Jazz. Rehearsal should end at 4:30
Monday – June 5th
4:45 – Tuesday Prime Jazz
6:00 – Tuesday Jazz
Tuesday – June 6th
5:15 p.m – Thursday Jazz Warm up
5:45 p.m – Tuesday Prime Warm up
6:15 p.m – Tuesday Jazz Warm up
7:00 p.m – JAZZ NIGHT!!!!
Wednesday – June 7th
7:00 p.m – Music Awards Night in Crooker
Friday – June 9th
6:00 p.m – All students must be at Watson Arena at Bowdoin for Graduation. We start playing at this time
7:00 p.m – Graduation!
Not that I expect this question but, obviously, we will be rehearsing in class until the end of the year (really, what else would we do?!? 🙂 )
Music Awards Night
– While music awards night is meant to celebrate the accomplishments of our seniors, there are MANY awards given out to underclassmen. It is by no means a mandatory event but, if you are free, we would love to have you there.
– If your child attended an honors festival, there will be certificates presented
– We honor outstanding musicianship in each of the grades
– We also honor most improved in each grade.
To parents of seniors:
– Ms. Wight in the guidance office has received a list of all the senior boys. Each male student MUST return their dress attire (vest, pants, and shoes) in order to receive their diploma.
– Ladies may donate their band dress if they are interested. We always have students who are unable to afford a dress who benefit from donations.
– Orange polo shirts should be washed and returned. If they have a burning desire to keep them, please let me know.
I believe that is all that I have for this update. Short, sweet, and to the point. I hope you all are having a wonderful week. I look forward to seeing you at jazz night and music awards next week!!!